Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shakespeare - challenge

Hello, everyone! :)



I've have recently finished reading a Shakespeare book! I thought it would be a fun thing to blog about. When I was reading, I found it very interesting and confusing to read. I barely understood anything! Well, I guess I understood the point of they said... Anyways, this is a challenge - I want you people to try to read the following phrases as quickly as you can, and with no mistakes. Try it, it's actually really funny!



PROSPERO
Look thou be true; do not give dalliance
Too ... much the rein: the strongest oaths are straw
To the fire i' the blood: be more abstemious,
Or else, good night your vow!

Act IV, Scene I, The Tempest

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090129102507AA6kCL6&r=w&pa=AptqD2bwHTHc7eWDaKYzvAjs.S2nEVKWbwO1XNaDAoACBg--&paid=voted

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many people tried this challenge! What a fun and interesting idea. Is it The Tempest that you're reading? I must say that is one of the more challenging Shakespearean plays. To start out with an easier one, try Romeo and Juliet or A Midsummer Night's Dream. There are also loads of helpful resources to use in order to work your way through one of these amazing plays.

    ReplyDelete